Peer Support Services
About Peer Support Services
“Peer support workers are people who have been successful in the
recovery process who help others experiencing similar situations.
Through shared understanding, respect, and mutual empowerment, peer
support workers help people become and stay engaged in the
recovery process and reduce the likelihood of relapse.”
WHAT CAN A PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST HELP ME WITH?
- Advocating for recovery
- Sharing resources & building skills
- Community integration & socialization
- Facilitate skills groups (WRAP, Let's Talk About Recovery, etc.)
- Assisting with goal development
- Assisting with education & employment goals
- Assisting with housing and
- Much, much more!